The sign pictured above was brought along to our meeting on 17th April. Can anyone tell us where on the station this sign would once have been located?
We have several plans of the station, but none of them show a location for the offices of the Traffic Department for the Grantham District.
The sign is made from a framed wooden board and metal letters. It appears to have been fixed into place just inside each corner. Approximate dimensions are 40 x 16 inches (1000 x 400mm). So it's too big for a normal-sized door and would therefore most likely have been attached to a wall.