We're back from a short break while we were in Grantham for our very enjoyable Tracks through Grantham get-together.
A photograph from 1936 recently published on the Grantham Matters website shows a comparatively little-known area of Grantham's railway property and a product of one of the town's agricultural engineers.
The location is a carting space behind the granary just south of the passenger station, looking north. The wooden buildings at the far end are a police office (on the left) and a stable.
1 thought on “The Wheels of Industry and Agriculture”
Grantham Haulier Jack Harris is also pictured at a later date with Stationmaster Harold Scampion in the 'Grantham Stationmasters' section of the website.