An LNER wagon label of 1942 for empty wagons returning from one of the plants of the Stanton Ironworks Co. to Stainby on the branch from High Dyke. The exchange sidings at Stainby were at the limit of the main line railway system. Empty wagons were taken forward into the ironstone workings by industrial locomotives. They were filled and returned to Stainby for their next trip to the steelworks.
Lent by Boris Bennett.